Benefits of Pre-arrangement
Many people today choose to pre-plan their funerals in advance. There are many reasons; a primary one is because they know how stressful last minute arrangements can be for grieving family members. Our family service counselor, Bill Engledow, can review the options of pre-arranging with you. He is able to meet either here at McCullough or in the comfort of your home.
One reason some people hesitate to reach out to us to make these plans is they mistakenly think funeral pre-arrangements must also be pre-funded. This is NOT the case and while there are inflation protection benefits to doing so, there is absolutely no obligation to pay in advance. Simply having your wishes recorded and kept on file with us has a value all on its own. All it requires is a bit of time.
Funeral pre-planning can offer you and your family a number of benefits:
- More Time to Consider Your Options –You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions, without feeling rushed.
- A Sense of Accomplishment –You'll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of and not left for others to decide in a most difficult time.
- Fewer Family Concerns - Your surviving family members will have less to worry about and will be completely certain that all choices are, indeed, what you wanted.
- The Pre-payment Option –With pre-payment, either in full or over time, you can protect against inflation by locking in your out of pocket expense. We will explain each payment method and will help you make a decision that best suits you and your family.
- Your Family Keeps More –When your funeral is pre-paid, your estate will owe nothing on the previously selected funeral home expenses. More of your assets and life insurance proceeds will go directly to your family.
- Fewer Last-minute Expenses –When you plan in advance, your family is less likely to incur additional expenses at the time of the funeral. Pre-funding helps eliminate "emotional overspending" by grieving survivors.
To request more information regarding funeral pre-arrangement, or to begin the pre-planning process, please call us at 478-953-1478 or you can complete our easy On-line Pre-arrangement Form now.